Buenos Aires

Do you have any questions?







Where does the program take place?
The first two semesters of the program take place in Buenos Aires, at Universidad de Buenos Aires. The third semester takes place in Berlin at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. You may decide to spend the fourth semester either in Buenos Aires or Berlin


What does a regular semester look like?
The program takes place in presence. During your time Buenos Aires seminars take place during the late afternoons usually Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. In Berlin, seminars take place from Monday to Friday during mornings or full days for intensive seminars or excursions. The final program for each semester is shared before the semester begings.


From which university will I receive my diploma?
You will receive a double degree with two certificates, one from each university. You will first receive a diploma from the university where you register your final thesis project and then, after the equivalence process, you will receive the diploma from the partner institution.



What are the application requirements?
To be able to apply to this program you need to have a previous academic degree and at least level B2 proficiency in English. For the application process you will have to present specific documents, these are thoroughly described in the menu Application. Have a look at them to make sure you can present an application.


Do I need to have a Bachelor’s degree in a specific discipline to apply?
No, this is an interdisciplinary program. Students from all areas of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, architecture and design disciplines are welcome.


Do I need to be fluent in a specific language?
Yes, the teaching language of the Master’s degree program is English. Basic knowledge of Spanish and German are highly recommended for your stay in both countries but these are not a requirement for the application.
You will have the opportunity to acquire or improve your knowledge of Spanish or German during the Master’s degree program through language courses.


How do I apply?
Gather the documents mentioned and send them as a single pdf (Portfolio can be a separated file) to the e-mail
Legalized/Notarized documents are not necessary at the time of application. They will be requested later for the enrolment process.


Can I apply anytime? When can I apply?
The program takes place every two year. Once a cohort begins a next one will not start until the previous one has finished. Application will usually take place 8-10 months before the beginning of a new cohort.
A new cohort is planned to start on August 2024, applications for this process are open until 14.01.24   



Does the program have tution fees?
Yes, MOD is a continuous education master. The tuition fees for the next cohort are 2.700 EUR per semester.
Applicants with residency in Argentina pay their tution fee to UBA in the local currency. UBA will publish details about the updated exchange rate and payment calendary by the end of march 2024.
Applicants with residency in countries other than Argentina pay their tuition fee in EUR to Humboldt University each semester. 


Are there scholarships?
While there are no scholarship coming directly from the program, we recommend you to have a look at different funding programs available.
When looking for german funding you can visit the DAAD Scholarship Database.
If you have any doubts about possible scholarships, please contact the program coordination.


Where do I pay the fees?

If your country of residence is Argentina at the time of application, then please pay the tuition fees directly to the Universidad de Buenos Aires. If your country of residence is elsewhere at the time of application, then please pay the tuition directly to the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.




Do you provide/organize accommodation?
No, each student must make their own arrangements.
For your semester in Berlin you have the chance to apply to the student housing. For this, there is an independant application process through the student`s asociation of Berlin.  The coordination can provide support by referring you to local house search websites, and/or give you some helpful tips.


Do I need to apply for a visa?
Yes, you might have to aply for a visa and later a residence permit, to be able to stay over 6 months in either Argentina or Berlin.  Process and requirements will be different depending of your country of origin/residence. Make sure to contact the local argentinean and german embassy to receive more information.   



If there is anything else you would like to know just drop us a line: